PURPOSE, OBJECTIVES & SCOPE
Trinity Church recognises that it is our responsibility to protect the young people in our care.
Trinity Church is committed to using images of young people responsibly and safely with permission from the parents or guardians and encourages all members to do the same.
This policy includes guidelines of how images of young people can be used responsibly and safely in order to protect its members, young people and the wider community.
In implementing the policy, Trinity Church is committed to ensuring that the following underpinning principles are adhered to:
members of Trinity Church use images of young people responsibly and with permission from their parents and guardians.
Guidelines are available to ensure members are aware of good practice when using images of young people.
Complaints about inappropriate use of images are handled sensitively and appropriate confidentiality is maintained.
The using images of young people policy applies to all employees and members of Trinity Church.
There is a journalistic exception with regard to the media and occasionally children’s and young peoples images may appear in local or national newspapers, or on televised news programmes. Please indicate if you do not wish your children/young people to appear in the media, if so we will try to keep them out of the photographs.
CONDITIONS OF USE
- We will not use personal details or full names (which means first name and surname) of any child or young person in a photographic image or video, on our website, in printed publications.
- We will not include personal e-mail or postal addresses, or telephone or fax numbers on video, on our website, in printed publications
- If we use photographs of individual children or young people, we will not use the name of that child or young person in the accompanying text or photo caption.
- It we name a child or young person in the text, we will not use a photograph of that child or young person to accompany the article.
- We may use group photographs or footage with very general labels, such as ‘children’s day’ or ‘youth festival’.
- We will only use images of children and young people who are suitably dressed, to reduce the risk of those photos being used inappropriately.
Approval and Version Control
By: Trinity Church Leadership Team
P Lambert Trinity Rawdon Administrator
Version Review Date: 28.10.24